Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i jus swapped out my old tb for a v8 one off of a 5.2 from a ram van. everything went together good and only took about 20 mins and it made a big difference, now the truck gets up and goes. i was wondering tho what kind of power i gained? like how much hp and torque could i have possibly gotten from doing the swap? i know its probably nothing significant but im just curious.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was also thinking about doing this mod. Did it really make a "seat of the pants" feel different? Also did you have to change brackets,sensors, throttle arms ect? AL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the power difference wasnt real noticeable until you get past 2500 rpm, i feel the truck passes easier on the highway tho. all the sensors and brackets are the same except for the throttle cable, so if you get the tb from your local junkyard definitely grab the throttle cable. the v6 tb uses a little ball and socket and the v8 one uses some kind of slip on joint on end. ( i dont know how else to explain it lol)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
showabunga- sorry, no didnt take any pics or do a write up, i wish i wouldve tho.

hodson- you can use any throttle body from either a 5.2 or 5.9 v8 magnum from any chrysler vehicle, since you have a 99 tho make sure the donor throttle body doesnt have an egr.
i think the throttle body i got came from a dodge ram 2500 van with the 5.9. make sure tho you get a throttle cable from a dakota or durango because i got the one off the ram van and it was a little to short, it works but my pedal sits up higher Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
showabunga- sorry, no didnt take any pics or do a write up, i wish i wouldve tho.

hodson- you can use any throttle body from either a 5.2 or 5.9 v8 magnum from any chrysler vehicle, since you have a 99 tho make sure the donor throttle body doesnt have an egr.
i think the throttle body i got came from a dodge ram 2500 van with the 5.9. make sure tho you get a throttle cable from a dakota or durango because i got the one off the ram van and it was a little to short, it works but my pedal sits up higher Lol
ok thanks man ill put that in my notes

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i did it to mine. a found a v8 throttle body then ported and and polished it. slight low end. but i would say 10hp increase when to get up and past 2000rpms. very noticeable gain. it would be best to bore your intake manifold to match the v8 tb bore tho. i have a write up on it but my pics do not want to upload.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts