Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i let off the gas sometimes my truck will stall... start right back up but its sort of a pain. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome to the Z!

how long has it been doing this and what happened when you first noticed it?

i could be way off on this so wait till someone else chimes in but...there is a TV (throttle valve) cable on the throttle body that goes to the transmission to downshift or take the truck out of gear (if i got that right)

anyway i think maybe if it isnt adjusted correctly or has become loose in some way it might cause the truck to stall, kind of like when you come to a stop without pushing in the clutch on a manual tranny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just bought the truck about 3 months ago... it does it mostly when its cold but it has done it when it was up to temp.... that makes sense becuase after it gets into overdrive where its going to fast for the rpms to drop i wont do it... i heard that the throttle body can get dirty and would just need a new gasket and a cleaning... just was wondering if this is a common problem in the 318 mag.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i wonder if he have the same throttle body or transmission? mine is the 46RE, not what sure yours has

let us know if you find out something, sorry i cant help more than that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dirty throttle bodies are a common problem on all port injected engines and your problem has dirty throttle body/IAC written all over it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts