Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Dakota 4.7. I have been having problems with the idle surging. It also drops and stalls. I have replaced the tps. iacv, and spark plugs. I also removed the throttle body and cleaned it. Battery has also been replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Aww Peg!
2,963 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ from NC! A crank position sensor can also cause issues but you usually get a CEL when it acts up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing that actually gave me a code was the TPS. I haven't had a CEL since it went bad. I'm baffled.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I have learned alot about my truck since i joined.
Excellent. :)

If no one posts up about your issue in the next day or so, try sending a Private Message or leaving a Visitor Message for RamTech or Carverman.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
242 Posts
prolly need a new battery. I know it sounds crazy but mine was doing the same thing after 3 days of pulling my hair out and throwing money at it it turned out that the battery wasn't holding enough amps, plenty to start it, just not enough to keep it running.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Battery has been replaced. Carverman has got me on the right track now. I think I may have got a bad TPS. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2006 SLT has the same problem. If I press the accelerator and release immediately, the RPM's drop too far and the truck stalls. I replaced the battery and spark plugs this month and cleaned the throttle body last month. My computer doesn't give me any problem codes. Could it still be the TPS?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts