Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an infrequent contributor and it’s been a long time since I was here.
I have a 2007 Club Cab 4x4 with 3.7 V6. I’m the second owner and the truck has 36000 +/- Actual miles. It runs and drives okay, but lacks power.
Anyone swap a 4.7 into a truck that originally came with a 3.7?
I know the V6 truck has a smaller rear axle than the V8. Anyone think that could be a problem with reliability? Is that axle strong enough for a V8?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am an infrequent contributor and it’s been a long time since I was here.
I have a 2007 Club Cab 4x4 with 3.7 V6. I’m the second owner and the truck has 36000 +/- Actual miles. It runs and drives okay, but lacks power.
Anyone swap a 4.7 into a truck that originally came with a 3.7?
I know the V6 truck has a smaller rear axle than the V8. Anyone think that could be a problem with reliability? Is that axle strong enough for a V8?
Thanks.
Don't do a 4.7, I was actually thinking of swapping my 4.7 with a 3.7 because my 4.7 has so many problems and not a ton of extra horses to begin with. I'm told the 5.7 Hemi goes in nicely, but I'm still looking into that myself. The Durangos came stock with a 5.7, so the Dakota oughtta take one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your insight.
I am fond of 318 and 360 LA engines — but I know they never came in the 05-11 Dakotas. Anyone ever put one of them in a last generation truck? Or consider/research it? Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts