Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just aquired a 99 dakota clubcab sport 4x4 v-8 5.2 i think ? 195000 mi runs and shifts excellent was mechanic brother in laws. slight rust and ussual dents for needs nothing. Would dual exhaust ,running boards be good improvements installed locally? tune up? .

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z family from Southern Georgia!

I'm a fairly recent owner myself, but I think the dual exhaust is a good thing. My came with it (installed by previous owner; exits beneath the bumper), but I plan to change it as it is rubbing against the spare tire and the bumper. I will probably go with a system that exits behind the rear wheels. I hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome!! Glad to have you with us!!

yeah i have dual exhaust too, by the first owner, but only one muffler. there are a lot of options for doing a true dual exhaust though, x-pipe, SpinTech mufflers, you name it

i think running boards would be cool, not my cup of tea but i do like the look

where ya from?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
oh one other thing, not sure how to tell the difference between the 5.2 and the 5.9 unless you know for sure yours is an R/T, but they did put the 5.9 in some quad cabs as well. if you dont have the window sticker go here and click Send us an Email, put down the VIN of your truck and ask for a build sheet. they will send you an email with everything that went on your truck from the factory

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp?screenName=customer&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to the Dakota Z, glad to have you aboard! Sounds like you have a cool truck, any pics? We'd love to see it! Great people and info here, so feel free to join the conversation and any help you need, just ask! Hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts