Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck definitely has a little bit of a moisture problem (driver's side floor gets wet in the winter) although I haven't yet been able to determine exactly where the water is coming from. The truck starts just fine all winter long (recently got a new distributer cap, etc). A month or so ago I noticed a problem with stalling 2-3 times almost every time I'd go to start it (with VERY infrequent stalling while driving). I noticed that the weather had started to get much dryer when this first started. It started getting quite wet again outside and the problem went away. Well, now things have started to dry out and the problem has manifested itself again. My first thought is to take a wire brush to the battery terminals as they look a wee bit corroded. If that's not it, here's my theory: maybe some wires somewhere have rotted due to constant wetness - and as long as they're wet are connecting well? Then when it drys out they they're not quite giving that connection all the way. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
first off, Welcome! sorry no one has replied to your post since now

you have an interesting problem and i think you might be on the right track. water is a great conductor so maybe there is a break in a wire somewhere in a bundle that may have a sag in it that would hold water. somehow water is getting in there when it rains or whatever and makes the break in the wire work

then when it dries out, the connection is broken when there isnt any water there. you would think it would be "broken" all the time though

not sure

1 - 2 of 2 Posts