Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to convert my 5.2l from leave me on the side of the road multi port injection to either carburetor or Holley Sniper, either way does anybody know which year and model accelerator cable is used for the conversion?

·
Registered
294 Posts
what kind of problems are you having with the fuel injection. What was on your 92 was worlds better than the TBI crap of 88-91 that has to be the worst fuel system I have ever had to deal with, have a 92 Dakota V8 myself, and a 96, have had an 89 a 90 a 93 and a 94 before.... the 92 the 93 the 94 and the 96 were all the same system you have, no fuel problems to speak of on any.
You will need a different intake manifold for sure Edelbrock sells one and there is a Chinese knockoff of it called a Crosswind. starting in 92 they changed the angle of the intake bolts. mopar Perf used to sell the throttle linkage and kickdown linkage brackets that are needed to run the carb'd manifold, they also used to have a carb'd intake available for tehse engines, don't know if they still do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have all the parts for the conversion figured out, it is the accelerator cable since the carb or aftermarket EFI will pull on the left side it will require a shorter cable assembly, got to somebody out there that has done this, just need the year and model of the vehicle cable they used. I know it will be a Dodge, but a truck, van, passenger, one of those and what year period?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts