Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of replacing the plenum gasket, unable to get the two fuel lines disconnected from the fuel rail. There is a radical curve plus the connectors already have a black plastic piece, these are not like the connectors at the pump. Have not found any pictures of instructions on the web or in the Dakota repair manual, these appear to be different than later models. Project is stalled.

My fuel line tools will not fit due to curve.

What do i need to do?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Get a mini flat-head screwdriver, inside that black plastic piece there are tabs that press against the metal fuel line, pry the black tabs out as you pull back on the fuel lines. I was able to get it with some fiddling. It just snaps on when you go to put it back on. As long as you don't break it, you should be just fine. Having an extra set of hands helped, I worked on it with my brother and we both were able to get it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it, that plastic is the built in release, suppose to be able to push the plastic in, listen for the click then wiggle the connector off, probably a good idea in 92, now that the plastic is old it no longer works, but digging out all the plastic with small screwdriver and needle nose pliers tuns the connector into a normal spring release connector that you can use the standard E or F removal tool, that is 3/8 or 5/16 depending on how your tool is marked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts