Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find the oxygen sensor connector. Been under and over the engine. Can only follow the wire to the top of the housing, no slack in the wire and can't see it from the top. Anyone have this experience?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
sorry, not sure where it would be, i thought all the o2 sensors were on the exhaust pipes after the manifold either before or after the cats

·
Registered
830 Posts
Can't find the oxygen sensor connector. Been under and over the engine. Can only follow the wire to the top of the housing, no slack in the wire and can't see it from the top. Anyone have this experience?
Not sure on whether your older generation has one or two sensors.
If it's still the OEM sensor, there should be a connector tucked in somewhere after the 10 inch pigtail from the 02 sensor.

However, if a cheaper universal type was used, to replace the OEM sensors, it might have 4 squeeze type splice connectors instead.

There should be two sensors on the single exhaust pipe/ single cat Dakota.
I ordered mine online because they were a lot cheaper,(Denso) and are a direct replacement for the OEM Bosch,
but didn't realize that the pre-cat sensor and the post-cat sensor have different fit index on the connectors,
so the pre-cat sensor won't fit into the post-cat wiring harness plug.

Don't know why Dodge did this as the sensors are the same.
Had to get another one from a local parts shop that fit the rear connector
here's a NGK/NTK youtube tech video on them and what the connector
should look like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSPZ5rl0QH8&feature=related

1 - 3 of 3 Posts