Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Restoring my dakota down to every nut
and bolt. So much work! A glimpse of progress. Going to be well worth it. Going to be brand new truck. Body is almost mint so very little body work is needed. Frame was surface rust only minus the body mounts which need minor touch up. Getting all new stainless brake lines and stainless headers and exhaust system. Has original exhaust still on it minus muffler and great shape but I want new everything so it must go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Small update, progress slowed a bit due to waiting on parts but going together quick now. Stainless brake lines are in, fuel lines are in and tank is back in place. Entire front suspension and steering minus shocks are in. Front calipers with those flexible lines will be going in this weekend and the front wheels will be on soon. Waiting on my leaf springs and I can get my rear axle in place. Transmission is ready to be painted as its been degreased and lightly sanded down. I definitely need a bigger garage as space is a premium. Soon as I get the cab on, which will be shortly after I get the wiring all cleaned up and back in place I can drop it back onto the chassis and free up half my garage.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts