Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I just bought a 3000lb camper trailer, and would like a little more power. From what I've read, the V6-V8 swap is pretty easy if you stay in the same model year and type. Man trans. I'm smart with wires, could handle the new harness. But as far as mechanics, I don't want to get more involved than a drop-in.

Any experience out there with this? Especially regarding towing, would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This would be harder than I want. Seems all the rebuilt engines are just blocks and heads, they expect you to bring the fuel inj, valve covers, water pump, etc, etc, from the old engine. Wouldn't work in a swap. Guy at AutoZone told me to buy a used, junk motor for such parts, then buy and build a rebuilt V-8. May need to re-think this. Maybe just putting in a rebuilt V6 would be easier. Give me your thoughts on the worth of all this, just to improve towing capacity, please.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 93 dak 3.9 and own a 5.2 with auto and want to make this swap as well but wonder about the wiring to the two more injectors. Have the shop manual which shows 50 to the power controller and 52 to the same in the 5.2 but at a loss to what to do about the 2 wires needed for the injectors anyone out there with some knowledge about this please email me a [email protected] for contact thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts