Dakota Forumz banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Like I said it came out of a field and had serious rust on it , I have just 4 spots on the rocker panel left then all the rust will be gone

·
Registered
147 Posts
What vehicle can I pull out a 12 bolt rear end out of that will fit my truck
The 98-2003 Durangos had the 12 bolt (9.25) You may have to re-new spring perches and shock mounting locations. 8-3/4 rears from the C-body Mopars will fit but they will have 5 bolt wheel patterns. The rear of the 4wd 94 Ford Explorer will also fit and also 5 bolt. You're gonna want one with some type of posi in it whatever you get.

Cheap led's burn out quickly. Your light switch going alludes to a shorted switch.
As Ralph stated, leds need way less power so get bulbs that have a voltage limiter built into them.
Get your bulbs from here: SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM AND AUTOLUMINATION.COM

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Ok , I'll just leave the clear bulbs in until I get the new gadges for it , will the front hubs off the explorer work for the front too do you know

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ok , I'll just leave the clear bulbs in until I get the new gadges for it , will the front hubs off the explorer work for the front too do you know
No. They don't.
Front Hubs from the 94-02 Mustangs do as well as the Crown Vics but either of these have to have the spindle machined to fit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Hey Ralph, I'm just staying with the 6 lug , I found slotted rotors for the front but I'm having a hard time finding a 2 piston caliper for the front, all I see is the single piston caliper

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just for the 2 gallons paint and 2 activator cost me $434 for just those 4 items, put $450 into the AC in it that blows around 33 degrees and everything In the truck works and you were wondering how well I can get around, well I have at the moment I have 5 vertebrae fused in my lower back and 3 in my neck, in a month there going to rip it all out and start over plus fuse both my hip. and I weed eat around 40 trees and pond with 170 ft of shore line 14 ft wide all around my place and cut 5 acres and I'm even I'm 13 years clean fro esophageal cancer , going on my 26 surgery, but I'm not done with life yet , I want to build one more toy and have fun and retired so I have all the time in the world to get it done , lol View attachment 3265 View attachment 3267 View attachment 3268
That's awesome able to move like that.
Looking for one more, look into ham radio. My dak has a dual band fm fitted nicely in it. Amateur radio a exciting constantly changing evolving hobby.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hey Ralph, I'm just staying with the 6 lug , I found slotted rotors for the front but I'm having a hard time finding a 2 piston caliper for the front, all I see is the single piston caliper
That's all that was offered on the 1st Gens.

I haven't dug into it much to find what else will swap, or what else is available, for either 5 lug or 6 lug.

RwP

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Thanks, I think the combination I picked out will look sharp , the blue I bought, with Dakota on bottom of both doors, HELLRAISER on top the windshield , and the horsepower on each side of the hood scoop in the back of it , in the silver decal color ,, and these rims , 15×11 back with 295/50/15 and 15×9 front with 245/50/15 , and with my hood blue have the hood scoop a mat black with chrome rivets, and lower to the level of this truck
hj

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Because I'm on SSD its going to take me awhile, I'm at $9480 as of right now in it , I figured I will be around $25000 when all done so to save on some money I need to change some things like the 6 lug , and staying with the 10 bolt because after losing horsepower from the motor to the rear end I wilm be under 450 horsepower back at the wheels, I'm starting on the whole suspension next and tires and rims and lowering it, then doing the rear end with posi traction and a rebuild kit for it , then last the new 46re transmission with a shift kis and at least a 2500 stall , and build up the 360 to 425 horsepower then drop it all in and the I will sell my C6 and 42re transmission and put that back into my truck

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I'm not going to kid you , I'm 53 but by the end of the year I will be at 26 surgeries by the end of the year and with the cancer I had and my stomach I'm up to 64 times under anesthesia physically getting wore out buddy, it's a job on finishing up the truck on a fixed income but I got it to $9480 already so little bit at a time , but I'm not going to stop till I get it done,

·
Registered
147 Posts
Because I'm on SSD its going to take me awhile, I'm at $9480 as of right now in it , I figured I will be around $25000 when all done so to save on some money I need to change some things like the 6 lug , and staying with the 10 bolt because after losing horsepower from the motor to the rear end I wilm be under 450 horsepower back at the wheels, I'm starting on the whole suspension next and tires and rims and lowering it, then doing the rear end with posi traction and a rebuild kit for it , then last the new 46re transmission with a shift kis and at least a 2500 stall , and build up the 360 to 425 horsepower then drop it all in and the I will sell my C6 and 42re transmission and put that back into my truck
You lose 20% of engine hp thru tranny. You will be lucky to produce 320 rwhp.
Also, make sure you get the proper backspacing for those 11" rims or else they will stick out and look very awkward.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
If they do stick out a little farther than I want I'll just gi down to 10 rims , but as long as it don't get to 450 in the rear end for the 10 bolt so with the horsepower reduction to the rear wheels how much more on the motor can I go up to on horsepower to not exceed at least 400 at the back wheels

·
Registered
147 Posts
If they do stick out a little farther than I want I'll just gi down to 10 rims , but as long as it don't get to 450 in the rear end for the 10 bolt so with the horsepower reduction to the rear wheels how much more on the motor can I go up to on horsepower to not exceed at least 400 at the back wheels
You'll need 490 hp to achieve around 390 rwhp.
Unless you boost the engine, you'll take the streetability right out of the truck with that amount n/a. You'll need 11 to 1 cr. CNC ported Aluminum heads. Ported manifold, a cam in the 242-250 range @ .50 and a complete performance built tranny. You'd be looking at least another 10K.
Even their 9" rims stick out too far in my opinion.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts