Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My odometer don’t work ( it’s digital ) nor my mph gauge everything else does, no abs light just the check engine light so I got it scanned and said it was a speed sensor, went to autozone and got a “ output speed sensor “ swapped it out and it still don’t work, any ideas on what it can be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My odometer don’t work ( it’s digital ) nor my mph gauge everything else does, no abs light just the check engine light so I got it scanned and said it was a speed sensor, went to autozone and got a “ output speed sensor “ swapped it out and it still don’t work, any ideas on what it can be?
I too had a similar problem with my 98 model with a 5.2. I replaced both the sensor in the transmission and the one in the rear end. Didn't correct the problem. Then the thing wouldn't come on sometimes when you turned the key. I pulled the plastic cover off of the ignition housing on the steering column and sprayed electronic contact cleaner in the ignition switch. All problems disappeared! That was over two years ago, and it's been working fine to this day!!! I hope this helps you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts