Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Dodge Dakota 4x4 and last week the heater blower stopped working. I've tested the fuse block and the fuse in the distribution panel and have power and fuses are good. I have power to the blower motor. Also checked the fan resistor located on the firewall on the passenger side and all looks good and also has power. Today, I went ahead and tested the fan and works just fine. I did check the wires for the blower motor and the fan resistor using my ohm meter and no issues detected. I'm thinking it's the A/C Heater Control Assembly and need to know how one would test the electrical portion of the assembly. I'm thinking this part is going to be very hard to find.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Not that hard to find for the switch itself ... http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1087589&parttype=4248

But that fails so rarely, I'd be sitting with the multimeter and checking a) the wiring from behind there to the resistor, and b) did you ohm through the resistor? Also, did you check the connector resistance? Best thing is to check the voltage across the switch terminals when you have the blower "on". Also check the voltage across the fan connectors, make sure that you are, or aren't, getting power across the fan connector.

RwP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. I wanted to close out this post by commenting that you were right and did more testing and the blower motor resistor was bad. Took it out after finding some resistance in the wiring to it and found it with one of the terminals that had corrosion. Replaced with a new one and now have heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts