Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I run the A/C, I sometimes find water on the passenger side floor.I have an 01 Dakota, has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had that same problem. Mine wasn't clogged, the drain is two parts and when the truck was built they were'nt sealed and seated properly. I bought my truck used and by the time I saw the issue under the floor mat the waranty expired. Go figure. Take it to a good mechanic and have him re-seal it. My truck went through three before the mechanic I now use got it, and it took him two shots. The bill was over $500.00 because the whole dash has to come out and the A/C needs to be pumped down. It took him 6 hrs to get the work done but he got it and it works perfectly. I hope I helped. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that same problem. Mine wasn't clogged, the drain is two parts and when the truck was built they were'nt sealed and seated properly. I bought my truck used and by the time I saw the issue under the floor mat the waranty expired. Go figure. Take it to a good mechanic and have him re-seal it. My truck went through three before the mechanic I now use got it, and it took him two shots. The bill was over $500.00 because the whole dash has to come out and the A/C needs to be pumped down. It took him 6 hrs to get the work done but he got it and it works perfectly. I hope I helped. Good luck.
in know its been a few months now since this thread..

Can you explain more in detail what the problem was, this seems to be a very common problem with these trucks. I have this problem now and its just a ton of water under the carpet its insane. Thanks in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts