Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i got a 1993 3.9 v6 dodge dakota and it uses r12 refidgerant and i cant seem to find it. Where can i get some? And for someone reason my heat and ac only blows out the defrost vents. What would cause that?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
First, you may have to find a shop that can do that for you. Or, convert to R134a like some of the rest of us have done.

Second - there's a vacuum leak or a break in the vacuum hose from the engine to the blend motors. Time to start checking that line into the passenger compartment, and then pull the A/C control and check the vacuum lines there.

That's all vacuum driven, and if that line breaks, there's no vacuum to pull the blend door to any other setting.

RwP

·
Registered
419 Posts
That vacuum line is most likely to break or fall off right at the engine. It is at the rear center of the engine, near the firewall. It's connected to a very thin plastic tube that enters the firewall in the foam that surrounds the heater core connections. Start there. As mentioned, R12 was "outlawed" (phased out) several years ago. You might find old cans for sale on places like EBay, but a licensed mechanic could lose his/her license if they didn't do the "legal thing" and convert your auto, and its fittings, to the new refrigerant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts