Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the issue to the abs and break light staying on or flickering? I've bin all over the net and no real solution. I changed the rear speed o censor on the diff. At first the abs and break light just stayed on, now it goes off when i start the truck but comes back on when i drive.
Anyone know where i can get electrical schematics for it. 99 dakota 4x4 5.2 ltr?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ramtech the shop couldn't connect to the abs system he said. I didn't realize you replied and i emailed you this morning. Sorry

·
Aww Peg!
2,963 Posts
Has anyone found the issue to the abs and break light staying on or flickering? I've bin all over the net and no real solution. I changed the rear speed o censor on the diff. At first the abs and break light just stayed on, now it goes off when i start the truck but comes back on when i drive.
Anyone know where i can get electrical schematics for it. 99 dakota 4x4 5.2 ltr?

Any help would be appreciated.
Had the same issue, changed and went away, for a while. Not sure what the actual problem ended up being as my son kind of totaled it......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so the codes i got today where all the sensors, so we changed the abs modual and pump (it's one piece). The the code read 65 power abs relay. We couldn't find a power relay.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The relay is internal to the module. Was this same code present before you replaced the module? If not, you may have gotten a defective module. If it was then you likely have a blown fuse or wiring problem.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Check the power and ground circuits and if they're good, you're probably going to need a new module. If they aren't, repair the problem and reinstall your old module.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you mean on the wire harness going to the modual, do i check for continuity or voltage. It is DC voltage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it looks like if i want the abs to work i'll need a new modual. i got 14v on the power wires to ground.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya, the dealer tried to reprogram the used modual with my vin but it can't be done. For $800 at this point it will have to wait. Thank you Ramtech.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problems I got my a Sensor on my rear axel changed and it did the trick but cant remember the name I beleive its the read differential sensor if im remember correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
CALLING RamTech!!!

I'm posting here because this is the same issue I'm having.

I've been searching all over the www. Found the dodgedakota forum where everyone keeps restating the problem and no one puts up a fix, other than to replace the rear sensor.
NOT HELPFUL!!:mad:

I have 4 wheel ABS.

My ABS and Brake light have been going on intermittantly. Fluid level is fine, etc.

Yesterday I took it to a shop and they read the ABS codes:

45 Left Front Isolation Solenoid Open
52 Rear Dump Solenoid Open
65 Internal Main Relay Open

I had them clear the codes, drove home and parked for about an hour. Started up to leave and the lights came on again, drove for 5 minutes and then shutdown engine at a stoplight for 30 seconds or so. Started back up, lights came on, after I started moving the lights went out (this is "normally" how they go out).

Later in the day, after errands, etc. and no more lights I went back to the shop to have them read the codes again:

65 Internal Main Relay Open
74 System Control Mode Time Out (sounds like what happens to my son when he's been bad)

So, replacing the ABS control module, which is where the Main Relay is(correct?):

Can I get a used one or do I need to get new?

How do I test to make sure it's the module?

I've done a cursory visual check of the wires and connections, they all appear fine.

Also, I was expecting one of these::confused:

Code (25) Left Front Sensor Open
Code (26) No Signal From Left Front Sensor
Code (27) Intermittent Signal From Left Front Sensor

Since there's a clicking sound at the drivers side wheel when I go into 4 wheel drive. (I havn't diagnosed this issue yet, ideas??)

Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
The ABS main relay is in the ABS module itself and this needs to be diagnosed before anything else. Without power to or across the main relay, nothing in the ABS system will work. If you have power to the ABS relay and a good ground, then the module is most likely the problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts