Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abs & Brake light wont go out and speedometer and mileage not recording all went out.

I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota 4X4 5.2 V8 and 96,000 miles on it, and I started it and noticed the Brake light and abs light would not turn off, decided to google this and found many of you have had this issue with the Darango and Dakota, I read all the responses regarding this and took this to my Mechanic, they ran a computer test and said it showed code 35, it came up to be the speed sensor, which is on the back axle. So as of right now everything is back to normal, will update if things change. Cost was 61.48 for the sensor, and total with labor was 152.02.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota 4X4 5.2 V8 and 96,000 miles on it, and I started it and noticed the Brake light and abs light would not turn off, decided to google this and found many of you have had this issue with the Darango and Dakota, I read all the responses regarding this and took this to my Mechanic, they ran a computer test and said it showed code 35, it came up to be the speed sensor, which is on the back axle. So as of right now everything is back to normal, will update if things change. Cost was 61.48 for the sensor, and total with labor was 152.02.:)
Now, I had that same issue with my '99 Dodge Conversion Van with the 5.9 engine and turned out to be the same thing. My cost wasn't quite so bad, as I changed mine out. So, apparently, there ARE some things that are pretty standard, on some of these. ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! not sure how easy that would have been to do by yourself, but glad you got it fixed!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

Glad you figured it out and got it fixed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
On my '99 Conversion van, I just jacked it up a bit, disconnected the the wiring, used a wrench to unscrew it out of the differential and to install, just reverse the procedure. If you have the tools, it's pretty straight forward. ;)

·
Aww Peg!
2,957 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ from NC! Had the same issue on the 2000 I had, real pain to get to laying on your back. Glad you got it repaired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts