Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the catalogue and didn't see any threads with my particular problem.

My AC compressor and compressor line is overheating. Super @#$%* hot!
I just replaced my timing chain and gears, new water pump, new gaskets, put it all back together and started it up for the first time today.

While inspecting the front of the engine for leaks, etc., I NOTICED THE AC LINE BETWEEN THE COMPRESSOR AND THE AC RADIATOR WAS SMOKING HOT. The compressor was also very very hot. I'd never noticed this condition before so I don't know if its normal. It sure doesn't seem right.
Anybody ever seen this before?

Maybe the lines became clogged or pinched while the compressor was removed and pushed over to side of the engine compartment while I was doing the other work? They are pretty rigid and I was careful with them so I don't know how that could be the case.

Stumped and worried. I want to drive my truck. I got stuff to do but I don't want a fire in the engine bay.
:confused:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
well the compressor and line on the high side does normally become pretty hot, it'll burn your skin. i restriction in the system will cause a heat then on the other side of the restriction the line will frost up. is the air blowing cold?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, well if its supposed to be hot I guess its probably ok then. I just didn't know if it was supposed to be that hot. I tried googling it and didn't get anything that specific.
Yes the AC seems to be working. It blows nice cold air into the cab when its turned on.
Probably just a false alarm then. I had just put the front of my engine back together and ran the truck for the first time after having had it torn down for almost a week. I was inspecting for problems on start up at this had caught my attention. Looks like there is nothing wrong then. I drove the truck around for about an hour today and it didn't melt or catch on fire or anything.
Thanks for the response. It alleviates my worries over this.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
good. probably just one of those things you never noticed and now that you put the engine back together your senses are heightened haha. glad its all up and running tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts