Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have factory stereo (with cd and cassette) but am pondering upgrading to stereo that can accomodate ipod plug-in via aux cord. I have steering wheel controls for factory stereo. Anyone have experience and can tell me what aftermarket stereos will allow me to still use sterring wheel controls?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

My truck came with an aftermarket stereo installed but my truck does not have the controls you mention. I'm hoping someone will post up who can help. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome!!

almost any aftermarket can use the steering wheel controls, you just need to get the right adapter for it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found an item that will give you the aux. plug in you are looking for. Took 30 min to install and is cheaper than upgrading stereo. http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-FM-MOD02-Universal-Modulator-Satellite/dp/B001QBG614/ref=pd_1

Your controls will still work. You don't need an antenna adapter either. Just remove your glovebox and trace antenna wire and hook it up.

If you are wanting to buy an aftermarket stereo the pac swi-x works great in my 3000gt with steering wheel controls. Just make sure the stereo is compatible with it.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts