Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Newbie to the forum here. I have a 2006 SLT club cab 4x4 6-speed (long live manual transmissions!). It has the standard factory radio/CD player. I would like to add SiriusXM. I have a flush mount SiriusXM radio with a trim panel. But I'm not sure where to put it. I don't want to start cutting holes in the dash, not knowing what's behind. I think the logical location is left center of the dash in front of the passenger, below the air bag. It's nice and flat. But what's behind the dash? Airbag above, glove box below. Hoping it's dead space in between. Would anyone know? Has anyone installed an aftermarket Commander Sirius radio in this model Dakota?

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to being a member of this forum!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I believe it's a dead space. Take out your glove compartment and look up there. But you better be planning on keeping it to the end. In my opinion, nothing devalues a vehicle like cutting a big hole in the dashboard. Instead, I would replace the radio with one that accepts a Sirius/XM module (check Crutchfield), or instead, make some kind of nice mount to put the module in, that tacks on to the dashboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts