Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my second Dakota today and I have some questions. My first one is a '95 Dakota Sport std. cab V6 automatic. I bought it in Dec. '02 for $4000 with 102k miles on it. It now has 137k miles, rust holes in the driver side both in the cab and the rear wheel well and a very large dent in the side of the rear above and behind the wheel. I have been looking to replace it for over a year, budget $4000-6000, trying unsuccessfully to duplicate what I have in better condition.
I just bought a '93 Dakota Sport std. cab V6 automatic with 375k miles. It leaves a clolud of blue smoke when I punch it (to be expected with that many miles) and the transmission fluid has a slightly burnt smell (also something I would expect with that many miles). I paid $1755 for this one. It is a clean Florida truck with the only rust I can see under it being on the frame. The under side of the body is very clean. The only difference in equipment between the two trucks is that the '95 has tilt steering column, cruise control, airbag, sliding rear window, and third brake light on the tailgate. Also the '95 has a black aluminum cap on it and the '93 has a bedliner (those will get swapped). I also plan to swap the rear windows (i like that slider). I just need to find out about any drawbacks to swapping engines and transmissions between those two years other than the obvious loss in value to the '95 by putting the higher mileage older drivetrain into it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

It sounds like you have a great project in front of you. Those trucks are a little older than mine, so I won't be much help, but we do have folks here with trucks like yours that can probably help. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts