Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! I like the center armrest mod. Very innovative.
thanks.... i've had it for awhile.. going to fabricate something new up into the dash... probably fiberglass with 2 more tv's and my switch box...

u have anything extra?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, if you come to Gatty, you can here it in person. Assuming I still have that Ram, I am currently shopping for a new one..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nope, ain't done much except a new head unit (MOPAR REC/NAV), Kicker 6 spkr upgrade and I have a different amp in the truck right now. Gonna replace that amp and use my Alpine amp and sub from the car in the truck when I replace those with the stuff I have for the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sony headunit, 12" P3 in a ported box powered with a 500w rockford amp. My interior speakers are the amazingly craptastic Jensen Linear Phase speakers. Their total crap and are fairly easy to blow... found that out the hard way...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sony headunit, 12" P3 in a ported box powered with a 500w rockford amp. My interior speakers are the amazingly craptastic Jensen Linear Phase speakers. Their total crap and are fairly easy to blow... found that out the hard way...
nice... its spring season and car shows are less than 2 months away... i've got something in-store you might like...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all! I'm an audio freak since a friend put an amazing system in his CRX back in high school in 1987. I took out my rear seat and custom built a new bracket to allow the smaller of the 2 seats to be reinstalled so I could fit a third small person in the back. I have an in-dash Kenwood touch screen DVD receiver. In the front doors I have Polk Audio component speakers and the rear cab are Diamond Audio components. I had to mount the tweets high in the rear aiming toward the front. I custom built a box that houses 2 JL W6 12" subs which are run off a HighFonics Brutus series mono D amp putting out 2800 watts at 1/2 ohm. The Polks and Diamond component speakers are run off a 4chnl 900 watt Cobra amp also mounted next to the Brutus. All the sound is first ran through an Eclipse Parametric EQ controlling each speaker individually. I also had to install an Audio Esentials 3 Farrad Capacitor because of the power drain. The system is definitely worth more than the truck! Lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello all! I'm an audio freak since a friend put an amazing system in his CRX back in high school in 1987. I took out my rear seat and custom built a new bracket to allow the smaller of the 2 seats to be reinstalled so I could fit a third small person in the back. I have an in-dash Kenwood touch screen DVD receiver. In the front doors I have Polk Audio component speakers and the rear cab are Diamond Audio components. I had to mount the tweets high in the rear aiming toward the front. I custom built a box that houses 2 JL W6 12" subs which are run off a HighFonics Brutus series mono D amp putting out 2800 watts at 1/2 ohm. The Polks and Diamond component speakers are run off a 4chnl 900 watt Cobra amp also mounted next to the Brutus. All the sound is first ran through an Eclipse Parametric EQ controlling each speaker individually. I also had to install an Audio Esentials 3 Farrad Capacitor because of the power drain. The system is definitely worth more than the truck! Lol
sounds sweet... got any pics of the truck?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm running a aiwa cdc-x227 head unit and i don't know if the speakers are factory or aftermarket, i'll have to check and see because the sound system came with the Truck when i got it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pioneer headunit, crunch 6.5 component set, kicker cvt sub, kicker 350.4(1and2 channels on components and 3and4 bridged on sub

1 - 16 of 16 Posts