Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some might like to go the route of pulling the stock instruments, making a mount piece and installing separate aftermarket round gauges, I AM! ;)
So, to give inspiration, let's see what others have done (with details please) :).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just picked up a custom dash today from one of our race cars. i have to cut it to make it work but it will fit right in and all the holes are there for the guages. ill get a pick and post it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just picked up a custom dash today from one of our race cars. i have to cut it to make it work but it will fit right in and all the holes are there for the guages. ill get a pick and post it.

Sounds good. I'm not going with high priced ones either, O'Reilly's has some pretty decent ones that should work just fine. I'm wanting the ones with the white faces w/ black numbers and needles. I'm going for ALL of the gauges and even though I'm using the 727 automatic, I still want a tach too. But, I'm not sure whether to mount the tach in the dash or where? :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Going to be towing a 5,000 pd camper, so looking to ad a transmission gage, found a pillar post kit, that is what I'm going with. Just haven't decided if I will get a digital gage, analog or a combo gage. Open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Some might like to go the route of pulling the stock instruments, making a mount piece and installing separate aftermarket round gauges, I AM! ;)
So, to give inspiration, let's see what others have done (with details please) :).

i've been toying with this idea too. but how are you going to make those separate gauges work? can you use the factory sending units or remove them and get ones with the new gauges. im use to mechanical gauges which is real easy to switch around and put where ever you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts