Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming to the point where there isn't much more to do to my truck that I find aesthetically pleasing except the addition of black head/taillights. Have any of y'all found good brands or websites for them? I like the halo ones that are on eBay, but I'm skeptical of the Chinese quality...

Can anyone vouch for a brand?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not by brand, but by style I've heard that the black headlights, depending on the style, will not work so well.

The standard black background headlights give absolutely no shining light; they are cosmetic only.

The halo lights, like the ones you would like to get (and the 4x6 equivalent for me!) apparently work very well and are near the same brightness as stock.

This style, really the only ones you should get, are able to handle HID bulbs. When you see a car with really bright lights coming down the road and their brights are off, that is an HID kit equipped on your standard headlights; very bright, but focuses the beam no where, and blinds everyone. Halo style lights are, essentially, the answer to that; they concentrate the beam of light so it doesn't blind on-coming traffic and allows the light beam to be much better.

I would say try checking out some of the imports, specifically Hondas and Toyotas, and see what those owners say about the quality. Plastic is not really that hard to make into headlights, but it's the leaking I'd be worried about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 1993 dodge dakota and im looking to see if there are aftermarket headlights, i havent found any for mine, though i noticed they make some cool ones for the cherokees amybe a swap?? if anyne could help me id appreciate it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thread revival here.. but I have the black OE style one piece heads and the fitment isnt that great.. now it could just need more adjustments or my fenders are jacked up where they mount but the grill side is in an the outer edge is sticking out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts