Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I have a 2003 dakota with the 3.9 v6 4x4. My problem is that the truck will start beeping like crazy. the beeps are really fast and i thought that the o2 sensors were causing it but they have been changed. i had a vac leak it is fixed too. when the beeps start is random and once they start it wont stop untill i shut the truck off and let it sit for awhile. the beeps don't stop right a way after i shut the truck off. any help would be great the beeps are making me crazy. thanks

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Is it the kind of beeping that you'd normally hear when you start it up or turn it off?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
If you know someone with a scanner, it might help you to narrow it down. Is your CEL on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hooked it to a scanner all that popped up was 02 sensors and a vac leak both have been fixed and the cel is off

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Mine was on a scanner the other day and the mechanic was able to put it in "body" mode and test out all my relays (door locks, windshield washer, etc.). He was just showing me how it worked. I was thinking that if you ran through the relays, you might be able to replicate the issue and narrow it down. If its triggering a beeping noise, it has to have something to do with how that buzzer activates normally. Just a thought. I hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts