Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
don't think there is a best, It is usually up to the individual owner. I have duals with headers and glass packs, my wife hates it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2000 dakota with the 4.7 and it has a cat back flowmaster with duals its not real loud bud at 3 grand (about my shift point) it sounds amazing and there up its pretty sweet!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
its going to be up to you as to what is best, check you tube for videos of dakotas, your engine, and different exhausts to hear what each would sound like

This is what I installed about a month ago. Spintech 4.7 Y pipe and side exit catback without any cats on my 01 Dakota. Also installed a Summit Racing electric cutout on Sat.
i would love that setup!! but in NC the exhaust tips have to be behind the rear wheels not in front :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree, get on youtube and start listening. You'll get a good idea on what they all sound like.

That sucks about the tips. I've never heard of that one. Just amazing with all the different laws from state to state!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed an XLerator (AP version of magnaflow), high flow metal cat, and duals out the back (2 1/2" system). Bought mandrel bent pipes and late model 2 Dakota bevel tips.

Sounds like a beast. I think I'll get better gas mileage...cuz when I drop the right foot, you can really hear it. Tips exit straight back and just about 2 inches beyond bumper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Forgot to mention the fresh transmission...all around, with cold air intake, trans, and new exhaust, hopefully I'll see a slight mpg increase...although it's cost a bit to get there.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Just installed an XLerator (AP version of magnaflow), high flow metal cat, and duals out the back (2 1/2" system). Bought mandrel bent pipes and late model 2 Dakota bevel tips.

Sounds like a beast. I think I'll get better gas mileage...cuz when I drop the right foot, you can really hear it. Tips exit straight back and just about 2 inches beyond bumper.
no pics or vids or it didnt happen LOL

we want to hear it!!!!!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts