Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me some advice on the best exhaust system and muffler for my v6 magnum? want the deepest rumble as possible

·
Registered
486 Posts
MagnaFlows do sound good, on my old one that I sold I had true duals with glass packs on my 3.9 and it sounded really good. Truth is anything sounds better than the stock muffler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this interesting so I took a look at Magnaflow's website. They list a cat-back pipe for the 97 and up extended cab with the 3.9 magnum that would run duels, but my truck is a 96 with the 3.9 mag. I was wondering if any of you knew if it would fit or would the frame or something interfere with it being a different year and all.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I found this interesting so I took a look at Magnaflow's website. They list a cat-back pipe for the 97 and up extended cab with the 3.9 magnum that would run duels, but my truck is a 96 with the 3.9 mag. I was wondering if any of you knew if it would fit or would the frame or something interfere with it being a different year and all.
Besides it being a different year, the body style changed in '97 meaning the re-design probably changed a few things under the truck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd just go with a dual system from the cat. The exhaust is a dual up til the cat, so run it through a single cat and then duals out. I'm going to (hopefully) be doing a dual side exit in front of the rear axle exhaust on my '04 with the 3.7. It'll be a hell of a job based on the fact that I've got to get around the trans and transfer case, but it'll be fun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok, so disregard my statement. I only know about the 2nd gens with the 3.7, so sorry about the (probably) false information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts