Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get bigger tires for my dakota it says that the stock tires size is 235/75R15 can i put anything bigger on it not worried about fuel consumption got terrible gas milage already plus im going to delete the muffler soon as well but i am wanting to get bigger tires and maybe 2 inch spacers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can fit 31x10.5 if you get a leveling kit. Had those on my 93 sport stock height, and a 94 v8 4x4 all I needed was to turn the torsion bars up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just bought an 07 Laramie 4x4 and wanted to see what y'all have done to fit 33x 12.5 tires. Yes I understand I'll have to trim some and possibly get spacers but money really isn't an issue just don't want to spend more then a few grand on it. I live on the east coast of NC and all I do is drive to work and home and on weekends take it, well hopefully take it after I lift it, out on the beach and fish. This is my first Dakota and just really want to enjoy my truck. All help please because I would like to get a move on this truck within a few months. I was thinking about 2.5in blocks in front and 1in the back and maybe a 1-2in body if I can find a body lift that small, all I seem to find is 3in body lift and I have a ram with a 3in body and didn't really like the gap between tailgate and back bumper. If I have to I will but I'm hoping to find a suspension lift. Also I have a 3.55 rear and eventually if I do put 33s on it, what gearing should I go with? I will not do any rock crawling nor I'll barley take it mudding. Also if I were to get 33s I would go with 20x10, what back spacing should I go with? View attachment 2462
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
416 Posts
07kotafanatic. The amount of money you spend will depend on wether you install the lift yourself or hire a shop to do the work. 1-2 inch body lifts in general exist, however, you may not find a kit specifically for the Dakota, but it really does not have to be. The basics of a body lift is pucks and brackets. An inch of body lift is mild enough that I doubt you'll have to address anything major, although you may want to relocate the bumpers and make sure nothing is overextended or binding.

With a 33 inch tall tire, a 4.11 would be good. This would give your truck a bit of extra umph!

I might also suggest a 32" tall tire, instead of a 33". The size difference is minor, but a 32 is less likely to rub, you probably won't need the 1" body lift and if your off road use is minimal, you could keep your current 3:55s

Ed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for all that, so what lift should I get/ set up. I'll go with 32s but what width? And can I get away with a 2.5 front and 1in blocks I read. Or will my CV axles not like that. Just trying to have it where sand doesn't go everywhere and I can just "put" along on the sand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts