Dakota Forumz banner

Body Lift a 92 4x2?

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mrbounville 
#1 · (Edited)
I searched the forum before posting to find out is this had already been answered and was unable to find anything helpful, so I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I recently purchased a 92 Dakota for a song and a dance and want to lift it to improve the look and to accommodate larger tires.

So far my attempts to locate a kit for the 92 4x2 have come up empty.

I can find a kit for the 4x4, however;

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/642x.html

Does anyone know if that kit will work or is there a better option?

I'm aware of the torsion key / leveling options. I may do that also once I get the body lifted.

Thanks in advance!

Mattb4rd

See less See more
#6 ·
Mrbounville, you can use a body lift from a 4x4 on a 2wd. Done this a few times, myself. The only things making the 4x4 different from the 2wd is all in the chassis. Thats the transfer case, front axle and all the associated drivetrain, and suspension. The body and frames are identical. A body lift for a 4x4 will work on a 2wd both use the same mounts. Those parts that will not work as mentioned in the original post are the torsion bar keys and thats because the 2wds do not use torsion bars. They use coil springs.

Ed

#7 ·
Mrbounville, you can use a body lift from a 4x4 on a 2wd. Done this a few times, myself. The only things making the 4x4 different from the 2wd is all in the chassis. Thats the transfer case, front axle and all the associated drivetrain, and suspension. The body and frames are identical. A body lift for a 4x4 will work on a 2wd both use the same mounts. Those parts that will not work as mentioned in the original post are the torsion bar keys and thats because the 2wds do not use torsion bars. They use coil springs.

Ed

Thanks Ed...You're my hero!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.