Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the subject asks? Is it possible to fit any other different sized boxes to the 131wb quad cab? The 8' box would never make it I think, without some serious welding, but is it possible to fit the 6' box instead of the 5'3" one? I would think if the extra 9"s were added on to the rear section of the box side panel, it could be doable, if they're on the front portion, again, extensive welding.

Just looked at photos of the both, nope, not happening.

K, how about the 6 speed from the 4.7, will it fit the 3.7?

·
Registered
294 Posts
the quad cab is all but worthless and that 5'3 bed is largely the reason why....
besides the fact that I am not a fan of 4 door anything.... nother story.
even a reg cab short bed or club cab with a 6.5' bed is borderline useless.... but at least I have 8' when I lay the T gate down. My 1st Dakota was a 90 longbed.. I could put a 4X8 sheet of plywood in (on top of the wheel wells) and shut the tailgate... I miss that truck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wouldn't say the quad cab is useless, just built for different purposes, and the trans should bolt up, the trick would be keeping all the computers happy, especially if going from an auto to a manual, not to mention the pedal assembly and what not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As you learned the 05-later CC and QC are on the same wheelbase chassis... I think the only way to put a longer bed on a QC is to lengthen the WB. Big job - Major surgery. But there are probably custom shops who could do it. $$$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts