Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
which line? Steel or rubber? I have had to make every steel line from the master cylinder out on a '00 2wd a couple of years ago, cut, bend and flare. I have done this job on many vehicles over the years. I can see it coming for my '96 Dakota 4X4 before long.

·
Registered
294 Posts
there aren't many vehicles on the road where the steel brake lines are anything but 3/16". some of the 70s full size trucks and vans had 1/4" from front to back but not since... yeah when I did that guy's '00 it was 3/16.
I reuse the old fittings, sometimes you gotta run a drill bit thru them to get the remnants of old line from them, I'd use a 3/16 bit... many of the fittings have a different thread size than a "standard" parts store length of line will come with, and I don't like to piggyback adapters. more joints = more chances for leaks. I cut, bend and flare all my own lines.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the feed back.

I didn't find any pre-bent lines so I 've got 3/16 line and bent it by hand. I can't find any fittings so I have to use at least 1 extra per connection.

If I can get it all together I can try and post some part numbers and tool required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts