Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there's is anything difficult about replacing front rotors on a 2007 dakota 3.7l 4x2? I want to do it myself but don't want to get in to deep. Thanks

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
My truck is a bit older than yours so I can't say for sure, but I replaced mine with no problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Easy to replace, but first you need to get a C-clamp to compress the caliper
piston in order to lift off the caliper and a find a hex socket, (or torx socket)
that fits into the caliper pins that hold the caliper on. These sockets fit onto
a 3/8 drive ratchet.

On mine being a 1998, the caliper pins still use a hex key (socket) and
it's 1/4 inch hex (7MM). On some of the newer models, they may have
gone to a torx caliper pin, which may be a torx-45.

The caliper has to be suspended off the disc rotor to prevent undue strain
on the brake hoses with a coat hanger wire . Tie it to to the upper suspension arm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MAke sure that when you put the calipers back on, do not twist them around as this will tighten up and possibly kink the flexible brake line and cause it to wear down or rub against a suspension part. Its easy to do, a brake shop mechanic did just that and luckily it was caught a short time later when I had the truck up on a lift to get an alignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this is all good advice, changing break rotors is fairly straight forward if you are comfortable with your tools... and use the right tool for the job always!!

Big Dog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts