Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After i did new brakes / rotors, at a low speed the truck now makes a very loud Grrrrr / EEErrrr sound, kinda hard to describe but its very embarrassing, the old rotors / brakes werent that bad no noise at all.... Could i have installed something wrong, did i recieve wrong brakes?? Not really to sure whats going on but when the truck is at a low speed the noise kicks in and goes away when i press the brake, any help will do!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like something is sticking and when you hit your brake it is backing it off. Be sure and go through everything well. Did you do just the front or the back as well?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Grease the pins in the rotors really good it sounds like they're sticking and when you press the brake it backs them off. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Or maybe the prongs on the inside of the piston are loose and the pad is rubbing the rotor the wrong way

·
Registered
294 Posts
Grease the pins in the rotors really good it sounds like they're sticking and when you press the brake it backs them off. Hope it helps!
don't use the same grease that you'd use to lube your front end or wheel bearings
get a silicone based lube like SIL-GLYDE or the CRC brand brake caliper lube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts