Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 dodge Dakota 3.9 v6 manual 4wd ……..Hi I just had my transfer case blow out on me! So my question is ….. since it’s an emergency to get my truck up and running until I have the money for transfer case…. Is it possible to get a drive shaft that’s longer in length and tie straight into transmission? It would basically be 2 wd! If so, what is the length of a 2 wd drive shaft? ONLY the transfer case broke! Not slip yoke and not transmission. Kindly appreciate all suggestions! Aloha

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
99 dodge Dakota 3.9 v6 manual 4wd ……..Hi I just had my transfer case blow out on me! So my question is ….. since it’s an emergency to get my truck up and running until I have the money for transfer case…. Is it possible to get a drive shaft that’s longer in length and tie straight into transmission? It would basically be 2 wd! If so, what is the length of a 2 wd drive shaft? ONLY the transfer case broke! Not slip yoke and not transmission. Kindly appreciate all suggestions! Aloha
The 2WD driveshaft goes into the extension housing; the 4WD into the transfer case.

You'd have to also swap at least the extension housing in place of the transfer case.

I'd just replace that transfer case.

Hit up car-part.com to find a boneyard, hopefully near you, that has one.

RwP

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not possible. Unless you want to swap the entire transmission. Get the t-case repaired. BTW, are you using 4wd on pavement??

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts