Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone
I have a 2005 Dakota with a 4.7L with AC. I am unable to find a Water pump by pass hose to replace mine.
The dealer does not even list it anymore and places Like Lordco,Napa and online sources are the same, no
listing or availability.
Can anyone point me to a possible towards finding one
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and stay safe

·
Registered
563 Posts
On the 4.7L engine, there are no hoses connected directly to the water pump. There is a water pump bypass feature designed into the timing cover in the area of the thermostat, but the only hoses connected there are the lower radiator hose (to the thermostat housing) and the heater return hose.
The heater supply hose (connected near the return hose) and heater return hose were aluminum tubing with rubber hoses swedged onto one end to connect to the nipples on the timing cover, and then running back and over the intake manifold to the heater core hoses. I'm guessing this is what you are referring to. These are no longer available and have even been replaced by (OEM) Mopar molded rubber 5/8" hoses with part numbers 55056458AE (supply) and 55056459AE (return). There are similar after market hoses marketed by Gates -- 18912, and AC Delco -- 18073L, but they apparently use the same design for both supply and return hoses. Dayco markets a 90° molded hose for the same purpose, but it would appear that this hose would get some kinks when installed if it is supposed to go the entire length of the original hoses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the 4.7L engine, there are no hoses connected directly to the water pump. There is a water pump bypass feature designed into the timing cover in the area of the thermostat, but the only hoses connected there are the lower radiator hose (to the thermostat housing) and the heater return hose.
The heater supply hose (connected near the return hose) and heater return hose were aluminum tubing with rubber hoses swedged onto one end to connect to the nipples on the timing cover, and then running back and over the intake manifold to the heater core hoses. I'm guessing this is what you are referring to. These are no longer available and have even been replaced by (OEM) Mopar molded rubber 5/8" hoses with part numbers 55056458AE (supply) and 55056459AE (return). There are similar after market hoses marketed by Gates -- 18912, and AC Delco -- 18073L, but they apparently use the same design for both supply and return hoses. Dayco markets a 90° molded hose for the same purpose, but it would appear that this hose would get some kinks when installed if it is supposed to go the entire length of the original hoses.
Thank you Sir, for the above information it makes a lot more sense to me now
Thanks again and stay safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts