Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All -

I stripped the caliper pin trying to remove it with a small Allen wrench. I couldn't get it out to replace my pads and rotors, so I ripped the rubber boot off and just cranked it out with a big pair of pliers (I'm an idiot). Can you just purchase these pins or a set of them to put back into the caliper, or do I need to replace the entire caliper assembly?

If I can just buy new pins, any advice or tips to putting in new ones?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hello All -

I stripped the caliper pin trying to remove it with a small Allen wrench. I couldn't get it out to replace my pads and rotors, so I ripped the rubber boot off and just cranked it out with a big pair of pliers (I'm an idiot). Can you just purchase these pins or a set of them to put back into the caliper, or do I need to replace the entire caliper assembly?

If I can just buy new pins, any advice or tips to putting in new ones?

Thanks!
Yes, you can ... 2001 DODGE DAKOTA 3.9L V6 Caliper Slide Pin | RockAuto

(Take those part numbers and either talk to your local auto parts store, or Google for other suppliers, if you don't like RockAuto.)

Thread locker on the threads, and use a torque wrench to torque to the proper setting. Plus be sure to use a good quality lube on them (the synthetic caliper lube is just perfect for disc brakes IMO.)

And slow down and don't take it personally next time it's being frustrating grins

RwP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts