Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I could sure use so help identifying these. I'm having problems with sludge in my 2001 Dakota Quad, 4x4, Sport with the 4.7. A while back I pulled the PS valve cover to investigate a tick. When I got in there I found a partially plugged oil port by the timing chain. I assumed it was restricting the oil to the chain which was causing my ticket. I very carefully cleaned the port paying close attention to not letting any loose sludge particles fall into the motor. After reassembling everything I installed a manual oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge because I'm just not a fan on lines. I "T"d the O.P. gauge so it didn't cause the engine light to stay on. I then drained some oil and added a qt of diesel fuel and let it idle about 10 minutes. I drained the oil and changed the filter and refilled it with yellow Pennzoil 5 30w. I started it and immediately the O.P. shot to 85 pounds and the gauge on the dash was way up there. I shut it off and decided to get anouther gauge just to be sure it wasn't a faulty gauge. Installed anouther new gauge and it did the same thing. I figured me or the diesel had loosened and caused sludge to block an oil port cause pressure to back up and go sky high. I then decided to flush the motor with a degreaser and hot water letting it sit full in between then draining and rinsing with hot water. In doing this I flushed these pieces of ? From my oil pan. That's
where I'm stuck. I could sure use some help making a positive I.D. so I can figure out where to go from here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts