Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what looks like a fairly new water pump off my 3.9 V6 core engine. I have looked at the pump and it appears the pump pulls coolant from the rad and the by pass just next to the thermostat and outlet. If someone can explain or has a link to a good article share. Steve

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be sure to be on the look out for one Ralph. Thanks for the link it confirms what I was thinking. I kind of wonder what percentage of uncooled water circulates once the thermostat opens. Clearly the system works and I'd think a fresh cooling system works really well. Steve

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'll be sure to be on the look out for one Ralph. Thanks for the link it confirms what I was thinking. I kind of wonder what percentage of uncooled water circulates once the thermostat opens. Clearly the system works and I'd think a fresh cooling system works really well. Steve
If nothing else, hit up Bishko Books ( Bishko Books, Repair Manuals, Owners Manuals, Parts Books & Sales Brochures (autobooksbishko.com) ) and order the disc version there.

For the oiling system ...

Again, from the 1996 FSM (plumbing should still be the same), see the attached PDF.

RwP

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts