Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1987 dakota was runnin ok when i got it. but i blew a radiator hose and had it towed home. i fixed the problem then i went to start back up and no start. gas is good up fuel line to carb. and when i spray starter fluid in carb it will run off the fluid till gone. any suggestions. and already checked the gas seems to be good drained and refueled

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did check this and it seems to be working fine. But i did find somthing else There is Gas in my oil!! i know this is not good. And it seems to fit the problem. if im crusing at 55 not to much of a problem but when i come to a stop i smell gas strongly and the truck will stall out after spitting and sputtering. its like its pumping to much or not burning it off any suggestions

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sounds like the float is sticking open one minute and closed the next. Probably time to tear the carb apart and see what's going on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am planning on it but i cant seem to find a complete carb kit (float and power valve) for it just some gaskets and springs come in the kits from autozone might have to resort to new carb do they make a 4 barrel intake for this truck?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i found a couple on ebay for like 450.00 not bad but before i go spend that much i want to see if its just sumthing thats maybe out of adjustment. picked up new float. the other one i noticed had some scratches in it and it seems a little heavier then the new one so im gona try it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ha i think i have found the prob. after endless mind boggling thought i had this funny idea to check the carb before bolting it on i hooked the gas line up to the carb and let the gas run after a few seconds (after the bowls filled) gas started pouring out everywhere. not sure if the inside of carb or outside. but im pretty sure it has to do with either the seat n pin or the ball check

1 - 8 of 8 Posts