Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a certified used 2008 Dakota Laramie 4x4 w/ 4.7 v8 with less than 15,000 miles for less than $24,000 out the door. Nada and Kelly BB say it's worth over $25,500 plus fees. Gotta be happy with that. I added a tri-fold hard tonneau cover and some rubber mats at a discount. It came with the Alpine/ nav. system/ mygi, heated seats, bed rails, drop in liner and sun roof. I'm set. I looked at Tacomas but I thought the interior looked like they were trying too hard. The plastic on the interior that they wanted to look like brushed metal and the flexy frame killed it. Plus, used ones cost more than they're worth to me. It's nice that they have great resale value but it's a consumable commodity not an investment grade vehicle. I keep my vehicles for a long time. My 2002 Dakota never gave me a problem and I'm liking this even more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Dodge Dakota hauled 2500 lbs of woodworking tools ( inherited from my Father-in-Law ) 650 miles and through the pass North of the Ca. border in a 6x12 u-haul no problem. Since my dog Muldoon was with me I stopped at a rest stop every two to three hours. Muldoon loved it. It was like getting five walks in one day.

I've had it a month now. It has full time AWD and 4WD and 4WD-LO. It gets better gas mileage than my old 2WD Dakota ( 21 plus on fwy at 70 mph and 15 on fwy pulling the trailer ) and 72 more HP ( 302 claimed vs. 230 ) and still uses regular. I'm happy.

Will post picture with trailer in mountains soon.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Nice. I look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any chance you could check the operation of the HVAC system to see if it does the as my dad's 2008?

Heat on hot,
fan speed in the lowest two speeds
full floor output

does the air intermittently divert to the defrosters?
Video of this in my product operation thresd.

-Tad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts