Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tryed the G-force chip in a 4.7 v8 yet? im looking at there website (http://www.gfchips.com/) and i like the reviews but no one who posted there has a dakota. if i do get one before anyone has a chance to clue me in il be posting my finding for all to view. i have 3 months before my truck is out the shop (still collecting funds for new engine) but i do want a chip the help with power and MPG so any advice on other chips and bolt on preformance parts would be great :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im a total supercharger nut! lol and if people say swin turbo will beat a supercharger then il just put a blower on my SC with twin eldelbrock 4 barrel carbes ;) theres a reson NASCAR and the NHRA drag cars use superchargers and not turbos!!!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
NASCAR doesnt use superchargers. they are naturally aspirated

but as far as chips go, i wouldnt use one. it only tricks the PCM instead of reprogramming it, better to go with a tuner

and i would use a supercharger as well, no spin up lag like you get with a turbo

·
Registered
14 Posts
polls

NASCAR doesnt use superchargers. they are naturally aspirated

but as far as chips go, i wouldnt use one. it only tricks the PCM instead of reprogramming it, better to go with a tuner

and i would use a supercharger as well, no spin up lag like you get with a turbo
I'm not going for turbo or supercharger at this point...just want to increase mileage and up hp some. I have a 5.9. What tuners would you folks recommend?
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
698 Posts
4.7 tuner?
Superchips is the only option. The #3842 programmer (#3841 for California vehicles) is the updated version of the #3865 programmer which some of us use. I know of at least one 2010 Dakota owner who used the SC 3865 on his truck without any problem.

Read the vehicle applications though, I'm not positive that it works past the 2008 models, according to different websites. Some sites say it works, and some not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts