Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 3.9 v6 starts fine runs fine for about 2 miles then it like chokes out and wont go punch to floor a couple times kicks in and runs fine untill i shut it off for a few min. then starts right up runs fine for a few miles then like it chokes out again after a few miles punching to floor a few times kicks in and runs fine untill i shut if off again cant figure it out tied TPS idle air plugs wires pcv etc... can anyone help:mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I sort of have the same problem. Sounds VERY firmiliar. But I took mine to Autozone today and I got two codes. I knew one would come up, the transmission speed sensor. Not completely sure what that does mechanically, but I didn't have a problem installing that, even though I had to cut wires and install a new harness.

But, the other code was a bad oxygen sensor. The one in the front under the engine. Pretty much the exact same as you describe. Now here's where it gets (sort of) interesting. I was trying to get that pain in the LKJFS oxygen sensor out and managed to break that darn thing. The old one. So I disconnected the harness to it, and took a drive. Just to see if I could since I need to be at work at 5:30 tomorrow morning. That thing is IN there. I called a mechanic and I'm going to run it by instead of trying it myself any further. But, that's my story. And, incidentally, I was thinking the truck wouldn't run right WITHOUT the sensor, but it actually sputtered LESS. I guess the sensor was giving false information.

Worth a shot I suppose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts