Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm a simple middle-aged mama who just got her first pickup truck. It's a garnet colored 2003 SLT 4x4 V8 (just when gas is going UP!) but I have to say so far I am really liking having a truck! Previously I owned a Ford Escape XLT and one of the things I liked about it most was that it sat higher and so was easy for me to get in and out. For comparison lol, prior to that I owned a 96 Pontiac Grand Prix, which was so low with bucket seats I felt like I needed a standby crane to get me out!

I don't know a lot about cars or trucks. I'm kind of accelerate and go gal, so my son helps me out with things it needs. So far just the basics since I got it a month ago, I have only had to change the oil and replace fog lamps, so I'd say so far so good. My son used some stuff on the intake to clean out the carbon and it seems to not knock as much. Right now I'm not working, so money is understandably not easy to spare for more than the aforementioned expensive gas just now.

Anyhow, nice to meet all y'all. It'll be nice to have a place to come if things need fixed or I have questions -- then I can show my boy mama's not so truck-dumb, lol.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome to the forumz, lets see some pics! There actually isn't much of a difference between the 4.7l (V8) and the 3.9l (V6) mpg wise, and the extra power is so worth it. Hope you find some helpful info here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forumz, lets see some pics! There actually isn't much of a difference between the 4.7l (V8) and the 3.9l (V6) mpg wise, and the extra power is so worth it. Hope you find some helpful info here!
Here are some pics of the truck. Note that it features a "modified multi-colored, studded headliner" and it didn't even cost extra!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry your truck has cancer. While I have had my first P/U a year longer than you I can tell you I just like mine more and more. My daily driver for the 176,000 miles before the truck was a classic Mini Cooper. Talk about getting up where you see things. My mileage is way up there also. I'm in the process of rebuilding my 3.9 V6. I was about ready to give up on the V6 but a recent trip 237 miles at 75/80 mph pulling 600 lb trailer in 5th with 20.3 mpg. Plan is to add 30 lb ft torque at 2000 rpm. Hope you enjoy your truck. Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts