Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Ive just purchased a 99 dak for my son in the airforce. its got 80k on a replacement motor and 160k on the rest. going thru it tune up fluids ect. to get her ready for the boy He's going to be stationed in ND. after his tech school. So cold weather starts are going to be top priorty, that and a set of 32s I found on CL. I've already found a wealth of info browsing threads on (my 3.9 runs like crap.com) and am still working through the stumbles at 30mph when warming up issues. got til the end of the month to turn over a trusty northern warrior.:cool:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Dakota Z, glad to have you join us and many thanks to your son for his service! Nice truck you picked up, too, and I'm sure with a little TLC your son will get many miles out of it! Great people and lots of great info here, so any help you need, feel free to ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks much going out to replace a blown rear brake line actually nice to have some thing straight up no diagnosis to fix

·
Registered
262 Posts
LOL yep, those are the nice fixes, the ones that are already figured out!

- Cajun

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas! Good to have you here. Really cool what you are doing for your son. Family things are the Most! Always appreciate the service from others as well (and that's NOT to take away from those who, for whatever reason, can't serve). ;)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us. Good luck with getting it ready for your son.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brakes are back and only two trips to the parts store (last section of brake line was metric fitting, didnt notice until after I'd bent it into a coil) live and learn I guess. Also ran across town to pickup a set of durango wheels to go w/ the 32"s I'll get them mounted and be riding high after work Monday. can't do anything tomorrow as it,s a high holy day my beloved Packers are playing a game in dallas

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!!

and yeah the Packers did it!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts