Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced a wheel hub on my truck. I put everything back on and torqued down the hub correctly and go down the road and there's a rubbing noise. The weird thing is that it's only there when you turn left and goes away when you hit the brake. What could be going on?

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you didn't replace the brakes, did you make sure that the pads had a little lube where they ride in the guides and that the pins that hold the caliper assembly in place were lubed? It sounds like you may have a pad riding on the rotor until you apply the brakes to recenter the caliper. I don't know why it would only show up in a left turn though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look at the caliper spring, there is a single rivet in the middle of it that faces the rotor. Your noise is probably coming from that. It will rub slightly against the rotor and cause the noise, since rotors that have few miles on them will not complete line up and center properly on a newer hub. I had the same problem on my 01, I flattened the rivet by about a 1/16" on mine and the noise and rubbing went away until I could get new springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts