Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just purchased a 1997 Dodge Dakota recently for $700. It is absolutely beautiful and body is in perfect condition. Now when I got it the transmission had gone out on the last owner. He did have a new tranny for it but it was in the bed and the old had already been removed. Well I have successful gotten the new one in and gotten the transfer case and front drive shaft put in place. Now I need to get the u clamps to hook up the rear drive shaft but I wanted to see it the transmission that I put in was working right so I figured I would just put it in 4wd and take it for a drive using the front wheels. Everything started up great but when I put it in gear and engaged the transfer case it stalls out everytime. Now I can take it out of 4wd and the transmission will shift through all the gears and stays running but as soon as the transfer case is engaged and the put into a drive gear (reverse or drive) it stalls out immediately. I am wondering if I have anything hooked up wrong or maybe something is adjusted wrong. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am going to get the u clamps for the rear drive shaft tomorrow and get those installed as soon as I can but was just wondering if anyone has an idea. Thanks all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts