Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up y’all, I have a 1993 5.2l v8 dodge Dakota. When I start it, it runs and idles fine. When I put it in reverse it’ll stall then die. Try to start it up and it just cranks but doesn’t start. Any suggestions on what it might be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Came across this post by looking for suggestions on a similar issue. I'm wondering if you've gotten anywhere anywhere this ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Came across this post by looking for suggestions on a similar issue. I'm wondering if you've gotten anywhere anywhere this ?
I have fixed mine. After replacing 3 cps, 2 pick up coil, 2 coil packs, 2 pcms, the fuel pump, going thru the entire engine harness looking for corrosion in known spots, and repinning the pcm with new wires all to no avail. I tracked it down to a broken wire at the coil pack itself. Of the years of wiggle, vibration, and unplugging and replacing it seems the wire for the plug had just given up.. I repinned the plug and spliced in new wires. Tightened the plug pins a bit my issue is resolved. Get it running and wiggle the coil plug wire see if it dies... if it does broken wire. Hope you fix it. Good luck (Also if you're just getting started and are replacing parts.. use only mopar cps an pickup coils.. trust me I found that out the expensive way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts