Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie to the whole truck world. Just got my 1st truck a few weeks ago.. 2007 dodge dakota 4x4 crew 6 speed manual. . and 3.7 v6. I love the truck to death, but i'd like it to sound better out of the exhaust end.

I am aware that i will never be able to make it sound like a v8, but id like it close atleast. Im looking for a deep sounding rumble type muffler, not a rice burner sounding one. This would be the 1st mod that i will be doing, in other words yes it has the stock exhaust system.

Could anyone direct me to the best muffler for my preference?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've been partial to the sound that the Magnaflows generate, but there are a lot of good, throaty mufflers out there. Flowmasters, Borlas, and Gibsons also have great tone. Shop around online and check out some YouTube videos of what systems are on V8s and go from there. It's more about the flow of the muffler than the size of the pipe, but upgrading that a bit couldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Magnaflow has a nice deep sound. Try also check some Youtube videos to give you ideas about the sound of different mufflers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 Dakota with the v6 6speed also and I had the Flow Master 10 series single in dual out with long rolled edge tips installed and it sounds very close to the v8 sounds. I have tried the 40 series Flow Master and it just doesn't sound near as deep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts