Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
thanks for taking the time to veiw this.
I just got a 96 Dakota v6 about a month and a half ago and i'm a bit of a newbie at mechanics. but i want too learn on my own vs. always paying someone else to fix my vehicles so i joined this forum along with another dodge forum. So far i've replaced the headlight switch due too it failing while driving, plus i've had too replace the power steering hoses. and i'm looking at having too replace the heater coil (smelling antifreeze), timing belt (due too a harsh idle and a ticking noise), and the tyrods (due too a poping noise when i stop, especially when turning right while on the brakes). I know the basics of working on vehicles from working with my dad, but he's not always here too show me so I'm really more interested in gaining experience on my own. If anyone has any advice please post or message me because it's always welcome here, I will deffinatley be posting more as i work on my truck.
I guess this is it for now but thanks for reading everyone. :D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Germantown, Maryland!
Glad you decided to join us.

If you're going to replace the heater core go ahead and repalce the A/C evaporator core while you have everything torn apart. It may keep you from having to take the dash apart twice like I did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts